Booking.com

Kindly Share This Story:

Ola Ajayi – Ibadan

A storey building went up within flames at the Ijokodo area of the Ibadan metropolis on Tuesday.

The fire which started in the afternoon destroyed property worth several millions associated with naira.

According to information, the building was built in 1978.

The fire went out regarding control when a young girl attempted to put upon a gas cooker inside the kitchen.

Though, the girl escaped unhurt, the fire reportedly razed the whole building.

Unlike other open fire incidents throughout the city, the firefighters responded on time and were able to prevent the particular raging fireplace from spreading to other buildings in the area.

The Senior Special Assistant to the state Governor about Better Education Service Delivery For All, Sunday Adeyanju, who rushed to the scene,   said: “Firefighters from the condition and typically the federal flames service have been battling to quell the hearth. About three flame trucks were deployed in order to arrest this situation. We advise members of the public to be safety conscious and guide against tragedies. ”

One of often the tenants around the creating, Johnson Awotoye, said: “I heard a call for help shortly after returning from office. Before we got to know what was happening, smoke was everywhere.

“The woman who raised an alarm stated she has been about to take her bath when she noticed that there was the fire in the house. We moved to the kitchen area and saw a ball of fire place with thick smoke. All of us recovered a good international passport belonging to be able to the landlord.

“I got to this house four months ago. I came through the office in 2: 10 p. m. As I had been trying to rest, I heard the cry for help. The fireplace started from the cooking area. We proceeded to go to your electric source to remove the fuse because there seemed to be light from the time. ”

Vanguard

Generously Share This particular Story:


Leave a Reply