Staff from a local authority in Northern Ireland who suspended working at Larne Port earlier this week will resume work at the port’s Brexit checking facilities on Friday night.Mid and East Antrim Council has said its staff will return to work after having been withdrawn due to safety concerns.
A spokesperson for the council said: “Mid and East Antrim Borough Council staff will return to their inspection duties at Larne Port this evening following the completion of a PSNI threat assessment and subsequent risk assessment by the Council.
“The health and safety of our staff remains our top priority.”
Border staff were withdrawn from Larne and Belfast ports after threatening graffiti appeared referring to port workers as targets. Staff also reported signs of suspicious behaviour, including people writing down vehicle license plate numbers.