The premier visited Haig Street Cafe and Restaurant in Kirra on the Gold Coast at about 9am on September 27 before her daily Covid press conference.
A Covid-positive man had been at the cafe from about 7.30am to 7.55am, narrowly missing the state’s leader.
The Premier attended Haig Street Cafe and Restaurant in Kirra on the Gold Coast at about 9am on September 27, just over an hour after a Covid-positive person visited
Haig Street Cafe and Restaurant, which has been deemed a ‘casual contact’ exposure site, shared the news to Facebook on Saturday after they were informed of the Covid-positive case and were waiting for further instruction from Queensland Health.
‘We have of course taken action ourselves to complete a deep clean of the venues and instructed all our staff to be tested and self-isolate until they receive a negative result or QLD advise otherwise,’ they wrote.
‘We can assure our beautiful customers that we have been maintaining very high standards in accordance of Covid policies so we are hoping everything will be back to normal before we know it.’
A spokesperson for Ms Palaszczuk told news.com.au in a statement that Queensland Health confirmed no action needed to be taken by the premier as she hadn’t been in attendance during the time of exposure and didn’t come into contact with the Covid-positive person.
Haig Street Cafe and Restaurant, which has been deemed as a ‘casual contact’ site, shared the news to Facebook on Saturday after they were informed of the covid-positive case
A spokesperson for Ms Palaszczuk said no action needed to be taken by the Premier as she hadn’t been in attendance during the time of exposure
The NRL is likely to hold Sunday’s grand final in Brisbane as planned after just two new cases of Covid-19 were recorded in Queensland on Saturday.
Fears of a postponement or relocation have been mostly allayed a day out from the historic first decider at Suncorp Stadium as case numbers remain low with no spread in the community.
It was welcome news to both South Sydney and Penrith on Saturday.
‘We anxiously wait for the morning’s press conferences at 10am and we’re pretty pleased to hear the results of that this morning and now it’s about focusing on getting ready for the game,’ said Rabbitohs assistant Jason Demetriou.
The NRL is likely to hold Sunday’s grand final in Brisbane as planned after just two new cases of COVID-19 were recorded in Queensland on Saturday (pictured: Fans in attendance at the NRL Grand Final fan day at King George Square in Brisbane on Friday)
‘It’s all systems go now, the cases have dropped down and there’s a bit more confidence in the air and we’re looking forward to having 39,000 people at the game.
‘It sounds like it’s going to be a great atmosphere and we’re looking forward to it.’
Queensland health minister Yvette D’Ath stopped short of giving a green light for the decider on Saturday morning but gave the best indication yet the blockbuster will go ahead.
‘A day is a long time with Covid-19 but things are looking really positive,’ she said.
‘To know that we had five clusters happening, and the reality is we have not seen any community transmission beyond the actual workplace and household contacts, is great news.
‘It’s reliant on people coming forward and getting tested so we can see if there is any transmission happening out there and we can get on top of it very quickly.
‘But standing here today with beautiful clear skies … it’s going to be a glorious long weekend and if people keep coming to get tested and vaccinated we’re very hopeful we’ll have a great weekend.’
The go-ahead for the NRL Grand Final won’t be officially granted until Sunday morning, pending case numbers (pictured: People wearing face masks in Brisbane’s CBD)
The go-ahead won’t be officially granted until Sunday morning, pending case numbers.
Crowd numbers have already been cut from 52,000 to 39,000 and that could be dropped even further should the outbreak get out of control over the next 24 hours.
So far, Queensland has avoided a lockdown after cases of community transmission popped up in the state on Tuesday.
The threat of lockdown sent the NRL into chaos ahead of Sunday’s event with contingency plans varying from relocation to Townsville to a postponement of the game for at least a week if crowds were banned.
Western Australia also reportedly put in a bid to host the decider if a postponement was forced due to a lockdown in Queensland.
Source: Daily Mail UK