Heavily-armed FBI agents descended on YouTube star Jake Paul’s Los Angeles home on Wednesday where authorities were seen seizing multiple firearms.
Aerial footage of the raid, taken by ABC7, showed law enforcement officers walking out of the $6.9million Calabasas mansion with several weapons in hand, before loading them onto police vehicles as apparent evidence.
Several FBI units dressed in tactical gear had arrived at the influencer’s mansion on the 23500 block of Parksouth Street earlier this morning, after executing a search warrant, TMZ reported.
At least 20 federal agents were seen riding in on a procession of military vehicles, including an armored truck, during the operation. Several U.S. government marked cars were also spotted in the vicinity.
Authorities refused to comment on the nature of the raid since the warrant has been sealed by a judge, but said they did not plan to make any arrests in the search. It is unknown if Paul was at the home at the time of the raid.
Sources told the LA Times a SWAT team was deployed to gain entry into the viral star’s house. The heavily-armed units are usually called in during situations that are deemed high-risk, such as properties where weapons are present.
Scroll down for video
Law enforcement officers were seen walking out of Jake Paul’s Calabasas mansion on Wednesday with multiple firearms in hand
Authorities were seen loading the weapons onto the back of a police vehicle as apparent evidence
Jake Paul’s Calabasas home was searched by FBI agents early Wednesday morning. Above, two agents clad in tactical gear are seen at the gates of the mansion during the operation
Several federal agents dressed in tactical gear arrived in armored vehicles after serving the YouTube star with a search warrant
At least 20 federal agents hanging off military trucks were seen on the 23500 block of Parksouth Street during the mystery operation
The FBI refused to comment on the nature of the search since the warrant has been sealed by a judge. Pictured: FBI units cling on to government vehicles while leaving Paul’s property
The raid was reported to have lasted an hour and half. It is unknown what was seized from the house
Jake Paul, 23, rose to fame alongside his brother Logan Paul, 25, on now defunct-video app Vine before transitioning to YouTube where he uploads reckless and adventurous videos
Agents were reported to have searched the 15,000 square-foot home for about an hour and half, but details on what was seized were not released.
‘The FBI is executing a federal search warrant at a residence in Calabasas in connection with an ongoing investigation,’ the bureau told ABC7.
‘The affidavit in support of the search warrant is sealed and we are, therefore, prohibited from commenting as to the nature of the investigation.’
DailyMail.com has contacted Paul’s reps for comment.
Paul, 23, who rose to fame alongside his brother Logan Paul, 25, on now defunct-video app Vine before transitioning to YouTube, has been embroiled in a number of controversies in recent years, as well as run-ins with the law.
In June, Paul was charged with two misdemeanors – criminal trespass and unlawful assembly – after video footage surfaced of him at an Arizona mall while it was being looted.
Police offered an official statement to the public saying they were sent ‘hundreds of tips’ claiming Paul was ‘a participant in the riot.’
Paul later tried to distance himself from the situation in a statement saying he was in no way involved in any looting or vandalism.
The FBI said no arrests were planned in Wednesday’s search but it is unclear as to why the operation required heavily armed units
Paul was nowhere to be seen during the FBI raid on Wednesday
Several military vehicles were seen departing the mansion following the mystery operation
Paul purchased the 15,000 square-ft mansion in Calabasas for a hefty $6.925million when he was 20 years old in 2017
Paul moved into the neighborhood in 2017 after his previous home in Beverly Grove had become the subject of noise complaints
The influencer also drew backlash last month for blatantly flouting social distancing guidelines as COVID-19 cases spiked in California, by throwing a massive party at the mansion.
Calabasas mayor Alicia Weintraub expressed ‘outrage’ over the ‘outrageous gathering’ in which dozens of people without masks drank and danced.
Paul later indicated to Insider last week that he would continue to do what he wants.
Videos emerged on social media shortly after the party, where revelers showed no concern for social distancing or wearing protective masks.
People were seen drinking, playing beer pong, and swinging off a construction backhoe at the gathering.
Revelers were both indoors and outdoors, crowded closely together without a mask in sight.
What pandemic? The 23-year-old faced backlash after throwing a wild party at his Calabasas mansion on July 14
Party time! A man who appears to be Paul is seen in this video where a crowd of people surround a table filled with red solo cups and drinks
Calabasas mayor Alicia Weintraub was left outraged after learning of the party and says she’s looking into ‘all options’ for penalties for Paul.
Paul told Insider that he spoke to the mayor and ‘everything is cool,’ though he didn’t elaborate on what she said.
The mayor, meanwhile, said she didn’t speak to Paul at all, and only a representative for the the YouTuber. She said that possible fines would be issues in the future and the sheriff’s department would intervene.
But Paul didn’t say that would put an end to his wild bashes, and insisted that it wasn’t clear to him how he should be behaving.
‘I don’t know what to think of it, to be honest. I don’t think anyone really does,’ he said. ‘No one has answers, our leadership is failing us, and everyone kind of just doesn’t know what to do.
‘But I personally am not the type of person who’s gonna sit around and not live my life,’ he added.
Paul’s July 16 party was thrown in spite of California Gov. Gavin Newsom’s desperate plea for people to be wary of the virus.